We know making decisions about your health or the health of a loved one can be overwhelming at times. At Charter, we pride ourselves on helping patients and families understand and navigate the health care options available to them.
Sometimes it can be hard to take the first step towards getting the appropriate care. We provide comprehensive post-acute care services so no matter the level of support you need, we’ve got you covered. If you’re considering post-acute care services for yourself or a loved one, here are some tips to help you get started.
Understand your care options
We often hear people say they know they need help, but don’t know where to start. It’s important to understand that there are many options for post-acute care both at home or in a care facility. There is not one best option that applies for every patient in every situation. If you familiarize yourself with the options, you can have more meaningful discussions with doctors, family members, friends and other trusted advisors.
At Charter Healthcare, we offer six services to meet a variety of care needs:
· Private Duty Home Care aids with daily needs to help you remain safely at home. A private duty caregiver visits your home to help with day-to-day living activities such as personal grooming, meal preparation and housekeeping while also providing companionship.
· Skilled Home Health empowers you to maintain the independence of living at home without sacrificing quality care. Many services can be provided, such as skilled nursing care, pain and medication management, wound care, IV therapy, respiratory services and more.
· Palliative Care offers relief from the symptoms and stress of serious or chronic illness for improved quality of life. It is delivered based on the needs of the patient regardless of age, prognosis, or stage of illness or injury.
· Hospice is quality, compassionate care that helps people with a life-limiting illness live as well and comfortably as possible. It is whole-person care that addresses all aspects of your needs and is delivered wherever you live, whether at home or in a care facility.
· Complex Care Management offers improved care coordination to help you avoid hospital readmissions. It is designed for patients with serious medical needs who are susceptible to more frequent hospitalization.
· Acute/Hospital-Based Care bridges gaps in care to ease stress and help you prepare for the transition from hospital to the next phase of your care.
Make an honest assessment
When considering a higher level of care at home, it’s important to be honest about how much help you or your loved one need. Talk with health care providers and family, friends, or anyone else who is regularly present and has witnessed the situation for information and insights. When you contact Charter Healthcare, our team of expert care providers will conduct an assessment, together with primary care or referring providers, to provide our recommendation for care.
Take the first step
The easiest way to get personalized feedback about your options is by talking to experts you trust. Charter Healthcare has had the privilege of caring for patients and families for more than a decade and earned a reputation as a premier provider of post-acute care. Contact us today to learn more about our services and get help.